The Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP)
The Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP) focuses on capacity building and quality improvement of home-based family child care & license-exempt child care.
CCIP includes effective outreach, technical assistance, professional development training, incentives and resources for all participants.
A CCIP participant is anyone who is interested in or is already providing child care in a home including all of the following:
- Family Friend Neighbor (FFN) Caregiver or Nanny (License-Exempt)
- Person interested in becoming a Family Child Care (FCC) Provider
- Individuals working towards FCC licensing.
- Licensed FCC Provider:
- Has a small or large license.
- Is an operator or assistant.
- Expansion Licensee – FCC Provider who expands their capacity in one or more of the following ways:
- Re-opening licensed home
- Providing care to Infant/Toddlers
- Expanding from a Small license → Large license.
- Expanding to provide care during non-traditional hours
CCIP strengthens all Home-Based Child Care, however, CCIP is not for people who are exclusively a parent or guardian.
For more information, please email CCIPProject@crystalstairs.org