African American Provider Network (AAPN)
The African American Provider Network
The African American Provider Network (AAPN) was created in 2022, in response to the negative impact the pandemic had on African American early care and education professionals in greater South Los Angeles. As a trusted partner, Crystal Stairs created this network as a safe place for members to connect with, learn from, and support one another. Through our programming efforts, members receive free, high-quality professional development and training; have the opportunity to participate in a revenue generating peer-coaching program that improves and enhances the quality of child care services for working parents as well as increases the income of family child care home providers; participate in affinity and small groups which address business and professional challenges; and have equitable access to funds, stipends and other resources to strengthen their child care businesses.
- Facilitated network and professional development quarterly meetings
- Affinity and Small Groups, focused on assisting members with obtaining a child care license, expanding and growing their business, and understanding how to better care for children with special needs
- Peer Coaching services for Family Child Care Home Providers
- Technical Assistance to apply for grants and other program funding
- Educational support to enhance the quality of early care and education for young children and their families